Vintage Outdoors Consignment Program
As an outdoor company, we don’t just enjoy spending time outside—we are constantly looking for ways to help protect the wild spaces we recreate in. We're also a community of women who want to empower other women to get outside as much as possible.
That’s why we’ve create Vintage Outdoors, Alpine Sister’s consignment collection for women and kids! Help women from all walks of life get outdoors safely with quality gear at a discounted price—and make a little money while doing it!
How it works at a glance
- From jackets and pants, to sleeping bags and backpacks, to kids and dog gear, we’ll accept used gear in excellent condition. Learn more about what type of products and brands we accept here.
- After you have found your gear, clean it and take photos of the front, back, and any potential spots where it may have worn a bit. Then fill out our Vintage Outdoors Seller’s Form and email it all to email@example.com.
- You may also send a gear story and/or photos of your gear if you would like us to share it with the next owner. Please note: these stories/photos may also be shared on our social media platforms, website, and advertising channels, so please carefully read our Vintage Outdoors Terms of Service if you choose to submit a story/photo.
- Hang tight. We’ll take a look at your photos and seller’s form and determine whether it meets our requirements/current needs. We will then send you an estimated price value via email depending on its condition and what we believe it’s market value is. You will have 48 hours to accept or decline our estimated offer. *Please note: upon inspecting your gear in person, the estimated listing price may differ from our initial list price. Please see the Payment section for more details.
- If you agree, we’ll send you a free prepaid shipping label. Drop off your package at your nearby UPS or USPS and send it to Alpine Sisters!
- When we receive your gear, we’ll assess its condition and value in person.
- If it passes the final test, we’ll send you an email with an official listing price and post it on our website/social media channels.
- Once your gear sells, you’ll receive a payout via Venmo or ACH!
*Note: We are currently only accepting used gear from customers located in the United States.
The full details
Gear We Accept
We accept outdoor gear in excellent condition that is fully functional. The age of your gear doesn’t matter (quality gear is quality gear!), but items that are older are less likely to meet our market demands and may not be accepted.
You can read our full list of products and brands that we accept here. At this time, we are unable to accept gear outside of this list.
Gear must meet the following requirements:
- have only minimal wear and tear
- be washed and free of any debris, dirt, stains, pet hair, etc. (read the manufacturer’s cleaning recommendations)
- have no holes or tears
- all zippers, straps, etc. must be intact and fully functional
- have no significant pilling or fading
- cannot be damaged in any way
- must have all parts
- have no odors
- must be able to read all tags and labels (if applicable)
- must be in original form—no personal modifications will be accepted
- boots, running shoes, sandals, booties, and other footwear must have intact laces/Velcro and have clean insoles
If you are unsure, please take a photo of the area in question so we can do our best to determine whether we will be able to accept it or not.
Start preparing your gear and completing your forms
Cleaning Your Gear
Please clean your gear and check for any damages. If your gear has an odor, is unclean, or damaged, unfortunately we won’t be able to sell it.
- Clothing: Wash all clothing according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Boots and shoes: Rinse your shoes and remove any dirt. When possible, remove the insoles and wash them in soapy water. Make sure they are completely dry before inserting them back into the shoe. If they have a strong odor, they will be ineligible, so please work on this step!
- Backpacks & sleeping bags: Check each zipper, strap, valve, etc. to ensure everything is working. Once you’ve checked for any damages, clean all surfaces. Most manufacturers have videos or guidance on how to do this. For sleeping bags, make sure to include their stuff sacks.
- Dog gear: wash your dog gear according to the manufacturer, and ensure all pet hair is completely removed.
After washing your item(s), take photos of your clean gear. Photos are best when taken in natural light. At a minimum, take photos of the front, back, and, when applicable, sides of your gear. If there is any minor wearing, please take photos of those areas up close. We would hate for you to send your gear in, only to have to return it to you!
Complete forms and optional story/photo submission
You will need to fill out the Vintage Outdoor Seller’s Form. Please do not leave any required sections blank, as this will delay processing.
We believe every piece of gear has a fun story behind it. If you choose to submit a story and/or photo as part of the Vintage Outdoors Consignment Program, we will share it with the next owner. Please note: these stories/photos may also be shared on our social media platforms, website, and advertising channels, so please carefully read our Vintage Outdoors Terms of Service if you choose to submit a story and/or photo.
In an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Vintage Outdoors, please email us your Seller’s Form, photos of your gear, and any story photos of your gear to pass to the next owner.
We will then send you an email with an estimated list price depending on what we believe it’s condition and market value is. You will have 48 hours to accept or decline. Please note: this is not a guarantee. Once we have the gear in person, we will be able to give you a final list price, as photos don’t always show the whole story (like smell!)
While we will do our very best to accept only viable gear from photos, it is not a guarantee that it will be accepted even after you ship it. We will have to return or donate gear that does not meet these requirements, but is unclear in photographs. If you want it returned, you will be responsible for shipping charges.
Sending your gear
Once we approve your proposal, we will send you a free shipping label to UPS or USPS (depending on the size of your gear). You’ll print it out at home, package your gear securely (please make sure it’s appropriately cushioned to prevent damage during delivery), and drop it off.
Once we receive your gear, we will make a final inspection. As long as everything looks good, we’ll list it on our website and social media channels.
We set prices according to market value and the condition of your gear. These prices are non-negotiable. You will receive a percentage of what your gear sells for:
- 40% for items priced $100 and under
- 50% for items priced between $100.01-$200
- 60% for items priced over $200
We will list your items for 60 days. After this time, we may decrease the price in order to find it a new home. You will be notified of this price change via email.
After your gear sells, we will send your electronic payment after the 30-day return window has passed. Payment will be remitted via Venmo or ACH (bank direct deposit), depending on your preferred payment method indicated on your Seller’s Form. If you need to make an update, you can always contact us.
If your gear doesn’t sell or doesn’t pass final inspection
If your items remain unsold after 270 days from receipt of your approval email, another email will be sent to you with the following options:
- We can send it back to you. If you choose this option, you will be responsible for shipping costs.
- We can donate your gear to a local outdoor organization that works with young women or another charity. If you choose this option, we would be happy to email you a donation receipt at your request.
You will have 14 calendar days from the time the email is sent to accept return shipping charges. If we do not receive a response after this time, your items will be donated.
Have more questions?
We are happy to answer any further questions you may have! You can contact us here, and we will respond as soon as possible.
Thank you for helping us give your gear a second round and reduce our environmental impact!