NOLS Wilderness Navigation 3rd Edition
If you're looking to up your wilderness skills, take a look at the NOLS Wilderness Navigation (3rd Edition)!
This book is packed with essential information for wilderness travelers to confidently navigate on- and off-trail, as well as on the water. This new edition has sections on:
• Finding quality maps and charts.
• Tools and equipment (such as compasses, GPS receivers, and altimeters).
• Techniques that apply to both land-based topographic maps and nautical charts.
• Traveling in the United States and abroad.
• Emergency communication technology.
Written by Gene Trantham and Darran Wells, and edited by Helen Wilson,